Articles Worksheet #1 on 'A' and 'An' For Classes 2 and 3

Q1: Help Tubby, the tortoise, fill in the blanks with 'a' or 'an':


1 Give me ________ umbrella. It is raining outside.

2 We saw _______ movie yesterday. The movie had _____ new actor in it.

3 Can you wait for _____ hour?

4 Raju is _____ honest man. He is also ______ honourable man.

5 I saw ______ aeroplane in the sky yesterday. It was

_____ unique aeroplane.

6 I met _____ European near the Taj Mahal.

7 I had ______ dream last night. There were fairies and genies in my dream.

8 The prince sat on ______ horse and went to battle.

9 I went to the market to buy ____ apple, ______ orange, _______ banana and some grapes.

10 He is ________ Englishman. He is also _____ European.

11 They gave me _____ old jewel that belonged to the royal family.

12 I saw ______ owl in the park last night. It was _______ unique owl. It was blue in colour!

13 There is ______ mango and _____ orange on the table. Which of them do you want?

14 We went on _____ boat ride last week in Srinagar.

15 Reema has finished her homework but she has not written ______ answer correctly.

16 I bought _____ new bag with orange buttons yesterday. It is _____ unique bag.

17 It took me _______ hour to finish all the homework.

18 Reeta is _____ honest girl. She never cheats in her exams.

19 I saw _________ orangutan in the zoo on Thursday. The orangutan was brown in colour.

20 We all saw _______ alien on TV last night. The alien was wearing _____ yellow t-shirt!


Answer Key For This Worksheet


Remember, if you are a student, don't look at the answers before you have sincerely attempted the worksheet above.

In case you look at the answers right away without trying sincerely, then you'll learn almost nothing. It's OK to make mistakes. It's NOT OK to look at the answers without trying your best.

1 Give me an umbrella. It is raining outside.

2 We saw movie yesterday. The movie had a new actor in it.

3 Can you wait for an hour?

4 Raju is an honest man. He is also an honourable man.

5 I saw an aeroplane in the sky yesterday. It was  a unique aeroplane.

6 I met a European near the Taj Mahal.

7 I had a dream last night. There were fairies and genies in my dream.

8 The prince sat on a horse and went to battle.

9 I went to the market to buy an apple, an orange, a banana and some grapes.

10 He is an Englishman. He is also a European.

11 They gave me an old jewel that belonged to the royal family.

12 I saw an owl in the park last night. It was unique owl. It was blue in colour!

13 There is a mango and an orange on the table. Which of them do you want?

14 We went on boat ride last week in Srinagar.

15 Reema has finished her homework but she has not written an answer correctly.

16 I bought a new bag with orange buttons yesterday. It is a unique bag.

17 It took me an hour to finish all the homework.

18 Reeta is an honest girl. She never cheats in her exams.

19 I saw an orangutan in the zoo on Thursday. The orangutan was brown in colour.

20 We all saw an alien on TV last night. The alien was wearing a yellow t-shirt!

Visit the main page on articles that has more worksheets



No comments:

Post a Comment